Monday, September 29, 2008

Of weddings and windmills

This past weekend I headed up north to Sarah's brother's wedding. It was in beautiful Bruce County. The 300km journey was well worth it as the wedding took place on the beach at Inverhuron Provincial Park. The weather on the way up was drizzle and pretty crappy but as I got closer things began to turn around.

The beach, complete with a boardwalk aisle.

Ferris coming down to meet her parents.

Making it legal.

Ok, so for years I've heard about the windmills they've been putting up there. I've heard a few bad things but mostly good. A couple years ago I saw a few blades for these badboys heading down the highway and had a post with picture commenting on their size. Well I'm here again to report on how massive they are. Wings are 130ft long each! They overwhelm the landscape and I couldn't take my eyes off them. So incredible.


Dominating the landscape.

That is my car parked at the base of one. I'll take one windmill please and make it xtra large.

No comments: