Saturday, July 28, 2007

South Central Algonquin

Last week I led a 3-day trip through south central Algonquin park. Talk about busy. I've never seen so many horrible paddlers who clearly had no idea how to A) pack and B) paddle in a straight line. It made for a few laughs though. It was a pretty slow trip though as we had a really late put in and a late pick up so killing time was the name of the game. The kids were a bit crazy so I wasn't that sad to see them go.

A water lily

A frog that I caught and then took a picture of. I really like this one.

This was our first campsite on Burnt Island Lake. Nothing too spectacular here.

I always think this is cool, when a tree grows out of another dead tree.

A water lily again with a canoe in the background.

"Alright kids, family portrait."

No comments: